One of the popular misconceptions that exists about healthy eating is that it’s troublesome and expensive, but that doesn’t have to be the case. I made this salad today as a snack with some cabbage and oranges that I had in the fridge, olive oil and sea salt from the pantry, and fresh herbs from the garden. It’s cheap, easy to make, vegan, and really tasty. I had it on its own, but you can of course serve it as a side with a main meal or include it in homemade burgers and wraps. I hope this inspires you to make the most of the fresh wholefoods that you have at hand at home.
- 250g of raw white cabbage, freshly shredded
- the juice of one orange
- pinch of Celtic sea salt
- one red chilli, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons of shredded fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon of chopped spring onion
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
Combine everything and enjoy!